Poached salmon is a delicious, nutritious dish that is easy to prepare. Poaching is a method that preserve the moisture, while adding flavor to food without adding fat. The recipe below is very simple, especially when a Fish Poacher is used to create it. The following dish uses the very best winter aromatics, in a classic French style with Asian flavored accents.
Gather the following ingredients:
4 x 6 ounce pieces of salmon fillet, skin removed
1 cup white wine or Vermouth
3 cups water with 2 tsp. chicken bouillon
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 stalk chopped celery
1 chopped leek
1/2 peeled and chopped yellow onion
1 piece thickly sliced lemongrass
1 piece star anise
1 bay leaf
4 parsley stems
1 stalk tarragon leaves
1 tablespoon peppercorns
1. Place all ingredients except the salmon into a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Reduce the heat for the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Strain ingredients into a large bowl. Reserve the liquid for poaching and cool too room temperature.
4. Place the salmon fillets into the Fish Poacher. Pour cooled poaching liquid over the fish to cover completely. Cover the poacher.
5. Place the poacher into the oven and bake for 10 minutes at a time until done.
6. While the salmon cooks, prepare any of the optional ingredients to serve with the salmon.
6. Remove the salmon and serve over a bed of wild or rice pilaf, spinach, mashed potatoes, noodles or with another side dish, such as salad.